Coco Peat is the non-fibrous, spongy, light weight, corky material that holds together the coir fiber in coconut husk. It is used as a soilless growing medium for the propagation of seedlings and the growth of high-value crops. It is naturally anti-fungal, making it an excellent choice to start seed but it is also used in rugs, ropes, brushes, and as stuffing. Coco peat gardening is also used as a soil amendment, potting mix, and in hydroponic production.
Uses of coco peat
- As a growing medium or a substrate in greenhouses
- It’s used improve the soil texture, soil aeration and moisture retention capacity
- As a an alternative to Peat moss since it is sustainable and environmentally friendly
- Used as an organic manure
- Added in potting soil to improve the moisture retention capacity and buffering capacity of the potting soil
- Used in nurseries for seed germination and growing seedlings
- Used in roof gardening
- It can be used as animal bedding for horse stables
- Coco peat is also used as mulch
What are the benefits of Coco Peat
- It has high moisture retention capacity- it can retain 800% of moisture by its dry weight
- Improves soil buffering capacity since it is mostly tolerant to pH variations
- Improves soil aeration, allowing roots to breath
- Coco peat can store and release nutrients to the plants on demand due to its spongy nature
- Coco peat is from a 100% natural and replenish-able source
- It has high durability – can be reused for up to 5 years
A seed tray is a gardening tool specifically designed to hold multiple seeds, starting from the germination stage, until transplantation. Using such a tray ensures better nutrient availability for each seed, and eliminates the need for multiple plantings. Seed starting trays also help keep the seeds contained. Seed starting trays are usually plastic.A wide range of planting media can be used on germination trays, most commonly coco peat, peat moss or soil.
Seedling trays facilitate the use of a wider range of herbicides and are more efficient while growing hybrid seeds which can be expensive compared to traditional ones. Done properly, seedling trays cushion your seeds against fungal diseases common in the conventional method.
Different sizes of cells in seedling trays
Each seedling tray comes with a cell flat (or plug flat) which is a container that is divided into multiple cells. Some common cell counts for seedling trays are:
- 50 cell seedling trays
- 72 cell seedling trays
- 128 cell seedling trays
- 200 cell seedling trays
- 288 cell seedling trays
A standard sized tray is 2 to 2.5 inches deep
Benefits of using Seedling Trays
- The growing season is shorter and the land use efficiency is higher.
- Improve crop uniformity.
- Predict the harvest date more accurately.
- Greatly improved the survival rate of nursery
- Extend the growing season.
- Use expensive hybrid seeds more efficiently.
- Can be used in conjunction with the machine, which greatly provides production efficiency
Prices of seedling trays
|Number of cells||Price|
Why farmers should buy from us
Mazero Agrifood understands that farm products and inputs go hand in hand and are very important to every farmer. For this reason, we supply seedling trays and coco peat to our farmers at reasonable prices and the farmers are assured of the quality of all our products.
Contact us today on 0729777711 for all your agricultural needs.