Irrigation systems and Installation
Irrigation is an important way of supplying water to plants and livestock. As a small-scale farmer, you are looking for irrigation options that are cost-effective, efficient, and environmentally friendly.
With a wide range of irrigation options available, sometimes it can be pretty challenging to choose an ideal method for your farm.
Drip irrigation is an efficient water and nutrient delivery system that can water a wide range of crops. It delivers water and nutrients directly into the root zone of different plants in the right amounts. Since it uses less water, drip irrigation can be the best option for small-scale farmers, especially in areas where water is scarce. It also works perfectly in large fields that require sophisticated irrigation systems.
Sprinkler irrigation is a common and affordable type of irrigation that uses water sprinklers to water crops uniformly. This system is versatile and can be used for ornamental plants and vegetables.
It consists of a system of pipes with sprinklers on the ends that release water onto the ground.
The sprinklers are broken into zones across the property, and each zone has its independent timer. The pipes are connected to an underground or above-ground cistern (reservoir) or pond.
Tips to help you choose the best irrigation system
- Consider what type of plants you’ll be growing.
- Understand your soil type
- Understand the amount of water you need on your farm
- Take your farm layout into consideration
- Consider your budget. How much are you willing to spend on an irrigation system
Why choose drip irrigation
- Prevents disease by minimizing water contact with the leaves, stems, and fruit of plants.
- Allows the rows between plants to remain dry, improving access and reducing weed growth.
- Saves time, money, and water because the system is so efficient.
- Decreases labor.
- Increases effectiveness on uneven ground.
- Reduces leaching of water and nutrients below the root zone.
Why choose sprinkler irrigation
- It is a very efficient way of getting water to your plants
- The system is simple and easy to install.
- It can easily be put together by people with limited skills and tools.
- Suitable for small areas that have limited access to water supply.
- Since water flows through the sprinklers, they can be adjusted and moved in the case of any flooding.
Why Mazero Agrifood?
Mazero Agrifood offers efficient irrigation systems to help you scale up your irrigation efforts. Our irrigation equipment is durable, efficient, and easy to customize. Our team of experts will assist you with the installation and help you achieve a streamlined irrigation process. Contact us today!
Be a member of our fraternity in order to learn more tips on irrigation system